Up until now I’ve been laying some of the groundwork for a theoretical new audio drama. So far I’ve posed the following questions:
- What will my story be?
- How large is the cast?
So let’s tackle the first two questions.
- The story: A young man and woman struggle to find themselves in the face of an oncoming storm.
- The cast: 4-5
I may not have the answer to number two until I’ve actually written the script but I usually have an idea how large the cast will be in order to do the story justice. I will also decide upon a title at this point. That’s certainly not necessary, and I can always change it later on.
The next few posts will dive into my writing process – both past (cringe) and present. If there’s anything else you would like covered along the way let me know.
Other Posts in this series:
- Birth of An Audio Drama 009: Cover Art
- Birth of An Audio Drama 008: Drafts
- Birth of An Audio Drama 007: Format
- Birth of An Audio Drama 006: Framing and Narration
- Birth of An Audio Drama 005: The Discovery
- Birth of An Audio Drama 004: The Project
- Birth of An Audio Drama 003: Evernote
- Birth of An Audio Drama 002: Listen
- Birth of An Audio Drama 001: Plan
- Birth of an Audio Drama – A Very Brief Overview